How to Create Bonsai from Regular Trees – Welcome to the Jabar Pos. Here we provide a variety of information about technology, internet, health etc. The hope, of course, hopefully this information can provide knowledge for you. The key to understanding this article is in category How to Create Bonsai from Regular Trees | JabarPos Media
How to Create Bonsai from Regular Trees | JabarPos Media
Ask This Old House landscape contractor Roger Cook learns about the ancient art of Bonsai.
Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse
Time: 3 hours
Cost: $50 and Up
Skill Level: Moderate
Tools List for Creating Bonsai:
1. Begin with a tree in a container and find the face and the front that you want to celebrate.
2. The Bonsai height should be about six times the size of the trunk.
3. Take the top off of the tree with the concave cutter.
4. Pluck the needles off the branches to make room for wiring.
5. Prune out smaller branches to give the tree more shape.
6. Use thick Bonsai wire to anchor the tree to the soil and then wrap the trunk to the top. Use wire cutters to cut the wire to size.
7. Use thinner wire to anchor the branches, working from the bottom up.
8. Bend the branches to the desired angles.
9. Rake the roots, starting at the bottom, knocking soil off of the root ball.
10. Spread the roots out.
11. Add screens to the container holes and hold them in place with wire.
12. Add wires to anchor the tree to the container.
13. Add Bonsai soil to the container and set the tree into the container about ⅓ off to the side with the apex appearing to bow.
14. Use wire to anchor the tree to the pot.
15. Add more soil to the pot firmly. Add decorate rocks or moss as desired.
16. Dunk the tree in a basin of water to remove air bubbles.
17. Water with a hose and soft nozzle.
18. After a year, remove the wires from the tree.
Roger visited Bonsai West (http://www.bonsaiwest.com/) in Littleton, Massachusetts.
Ask This Old House TV
Homeowners have a virtual truckload of questions for us on smaller projects, and we’re ready to answer. Ask This Old House solves the steady stream of home improvement problems faced by our viewers—and we make house calls! Ask This Old House features some familiar faces from This Old House, including Kevin O’Connor, general contractor Tom Silva, plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey, and landscape contractor Roger Cook.
This Old House releases new segments every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Keywords: This Old House, How-to, home improvement, DIY, roger cook, ask this old house, bonsai, landscaping, pruning
Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House:
Tweets by AskTOH
That is the information About How to Create Bonsai from Regular Trees | JabarPos Media
Always make JabarPos your only choice in finding various information about technology, internet, health etc.
You have read or watched How to Create Bonsai from Regular Trees | JabarPos Media.